Someday I hope to marry someone who loves me the way Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard love each other and who would love me enough to understand that if you are in Africa, you do a music video to Toto’s “Africa”
Krysten Ritter, a gritty urban backdrop, AND indie folk-rock??? Why Netflix, you shouldn’t have…
Sure fire way to make a the Comic Con crowd and NFL crowd come together? Air a Star Wars trailer during the halftime of Monday Night Football. I had to actually figure out what channel ESPN is on in order to take in the sweet, sweet goodness that is this trailer. My thoughts and reactions were multiple and varied, but I thought I would run through some of them for you.
- First off, I cried. I am a bit of the “boy who cried wolf” as I cry at the drop of a hat, so this may not be saying much. It is of note, however, that I cried during this trailer out of pure excitement and not because of anything particularly sad.
- WHERE IS LUKE? The question that is haunting nerds everywhere. Is he good? Has he gone to the dark side? What is he doing? How much will he be in the movie? Looks like JJ and Co. are reserving that and more until December 18.
- I am happy to see Rey (Daisy Ridley) featured so prominently in the trailer, almost as if she is the lead. Star Wars has always suffered criticisms because of the its lack of ladies and while there may only be two (that we see the faces of) in the trailer, baby steps.
- How cute is BB-8? I want one.
- Is Finn a Storm Trooper? Former Storm Trooper? Why is he in the Storm Trooper getup? I am thinking former, especially with the line that we get here “I was raised to do one thing, but I’ve got nothing to fight for.” Perhaps he saw too much of the dark side in his former employers?
- How amazing do the effects look? Right mix of CGI and practical. It looks so beautiful.
- Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) is really channeling Darth. He seems to be a bit obsessed, really. That mangled helmet rings of Helga on Hey! Arnold.
- “It’s true all of it.” + John Williams score beginning to swell + Millenium Falcon in hyperdrive = Ellen crying
- Speculation about that look between Finn and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaacs) are swirling, but I think it is just a moment of camraderie as they head into a fight that could be their last (or something like that), so calm down, internet!
- I know that the hilted light saber had its naysayers, but I dig it.
- Over whom is Daisy crying? Hmm?
- I love that moment of Han and Chewie with their hand on their heads. Looks like those crazy kids are still up to their hijinx.
- Again, so excited for Rey. She looks bad ass and integral to the story.
- This final montage of all these quick shots of epic looking action set piece makes me get goosebumps every time. There’s just so much I want to know!
- Han comforting Leia! I hope this means that those two worked everything out. I’m also hoping for a “scruffy looking nerf herder” at some point in all of this.
- Agh! That final moment of Finn and Kylo about to battle with light sabers? SQUEE!!!! Better yet, watch John Boyega’s reaction to that moment.
- My favorite part of all? That I still know nothing about this movie, really. Yes, I want to know everything, but only within the context of the whole movie.
It should be obvious, but December 18 could not come soon enough. If you have been living under a rock and have not seen this yet, watch it below. Or if you are like me and just want to watch it again, watch it below.
Certainly doesn’t look like it will be for the faint for heart, but any media that utilizes “Shoop” by Salt N Peppa is an A+ in this girl’s book.
Best line: “Please don’t make the suit green. Or animated.” Get it?
For all audiences trailer:
Red Band Trailer (and it is fairly red)
I have discussed my nostalgia for my cassette tape of theme songs from the “Disney Afternoon” lineup and I am a human being on planet Earth so, of course, I love Beyoncé. That being said, it should come as no surprise that this video is my new favorite thing. The creator of this video and I should probably be best friends.
If you like than should have put a “woo-ooo” on it.
There is not one male character in this movie I wouldn’t happily spawn with. And yeah, I’m including Tim Blake Nelson.