August is something of a Birthday Blitz for our family. At least four of us get a little saggier during this particular summer month, one of which being my favorite/only brother, Eric! As older brothers do, he taught me so much about life, love, and how to sneak into the house at 5 AM through an open window. To honor that, I’ve made a list of all the little gems I’ve gleaned from stalking him over the last couple of decades.
5) Never, EVER confess to anything, especially when you have been caught red-handed. If people respect one thing, it’s a person who does not know when they have been made.
4) Choose good, positive heroes and mentors.
3) Beware of the Establishment.
2) A smile is your greatest asset
*Fun Fact: Here is a picture of his actual smile. Don’t look for too long, or you will ruin your night vision.
(I think it took hours to coax that out of him).
1) Remember that a little humility can get you far…
…But also know where your strengths lie.
Oh Eric, how I love you so. I’m sorry this kind of turned into a roast. The truth is, you are the best brother a lady could ask for, and I hope that 27 is good to you.
Happy Birthday, ya mook.