Look, look, look. I know that everyone is going on about how great their moms are and I believe you, I really do. My mom is pretty great, too, but let’s look at the reasons I have the COOLEST mom out there.
10. She rocks her Beastie Boys CD pretty hard.
9. She sponsors our annual family dance party by outfitting us in our threads (Christmas jammies).
8. She gave me my wry, snarky sense of humor that I get to employ on this blog!
7. She is tech savvy! I have yet get a phone call asking her how to work her iPhone/iPad/laptop/email, etc. Now, Dad on the other hand…
6. She once had a dream where she made out with Adam Sandler in her dad’s Cadillac. (Sorry, Mom. The world needed to know).
5. While most moms were into easy listening (Kenny G, Celine Dion, etc.), my mom scoffed at that music! We were rocking out to Tom Petty, Queen, Van Halen, Blondie, Madonna, U2, INXS, and Alanis, among others.
4. As a four year old, were you headbanging a la Wayne’s World to “Bohemian Rhapsody”? Were you laughing at jokes on Mystery Science Theater that you didn’t get? Was your favorite music video “Centerfold” by the J. Geils Band? (We mainly loved it because of that gif below) Were you and your brother running around the house quoting Saturday Night Live on the regular? Well, I was. And that’s pretty cool, Mom.
3. She gets me. Probably because she created me. Whether we are singing at the top of our lungs on road trips, having phone conversations about our TV shows, or going to see the latest superhero movie together (so that we can ogle the men), we are always having a good time.
2. She laughs. A LOT. Mainly at her own jokes, but I am pretty sure that no one makes her laugh more than her own kids.
1. My mom goes to Comic Con with me every year. BOOM! The ultimate proof that my mom is the coolest.
There you have it. Don’t I have the coolest mom? I sure think so.