I am, by nature, pretty shameless when it comes to my tastes and pop culture preferences. However, I recently had to explain to a 12 year-old why Mouserat was the greatest band ever (which included my own rendition of “5000 Candles in the Wind”) and he managed to make me feel like a total bung-hole in a way only a 12 year-old can. That totally demoralizing conversation forced me to confront the fact that a really disproportionate number of my favorite bands are, umm, not real. To numb the shame, I compiled a list of the best fictional bands, ever.
5) The Electric Dream Machine (It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia)
4) Crutial Taunt (Wayne’s World)
3) The Wonders (That Thing You Do)
2) Clash at Demonhead (Scott Pilgrim v. The World)
1) Powerline (A Goofy Movie)