It officially Halloween season (for us, anyway), and we’re celebrating by naming all of the scariest TV episodes available to stream on Netflix. It wasn’t easy, but we finally narrowed it down to the top five TV episodes that we find totally terrifying.
5) “Home”, X-Files season 4– I don’t know if spooky is the right word to describe this episode about homicidal inbred hillbillys. Revolting, maybe? My official recommendation is that this episode should be watched with a in a well lit room. If this episode teaches us anything, it’s that incestuous weirdos love dark corners.
4) “Family Remains”, Supernatural Season 4– There are plenty of Supernatural episodes we could have gone with, but in the end we settled on this one about a family who moves into a house haunted by a very pissed ghost. OR IS IT?
3) “Hush”, Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4– For a show about daemons and vampires, Buffy was rarely ever really scary. Here’s one of the best exceptions to that rule. In this episode, all the inhabitants of Sunny Dale lose the ability to speak (and scream) when The Gentlemen come to town.
2) Harper’s Island– It would be impossible to pick one single episode from this awesome murder mystery series, so just go ahead and watch all of it. Because really, nothing says Halloween like a show about a group of strangers trappedon an island with a raging psychopath. Right?
1) “Blink” Doctor Who season 3- We pretty sure that our deep distrust of any kind of carved statue can be traced back to this exact episode. If you do choose to watch this episode, we recommend you stock up on eye drops, because you will never want to blink again.